Register for an IELTS test
Booking your IELTS test couldn’t be easier – view your IELTS test dates, enter your information and book your IELTS test online. Our test centre staff are expert and friendly. They are there to help you – just ask!
British Council provides IELTS testing in over 500 locations, in more than 100 countries, worldwide. Find out how to book an IELTS test in Lithuania the easy way.
Register for IELTS
- How to register for IELTS?
- Register for the IELTS test
- IELTS Terms and conditions
- Special arrangements
- Refunds / Transfers
- Contact us
How to register for IELTS?
You can book your test online. IELTS Tests are provided once or twice per month in Vilnius and several timer per year in Kaunas, Klaipėda and Šiauliai.
Check which version of IELTS you need before booking! Remember IELTS comes in two versions – IELTS Academic and IELTS General.
Check the requirements of your chosen organisation or institution by searching on ‘Who accepts IELTS?‘.
If you plan to emigrate, contact the relevant immigration authority to find out which version of IELTS you need, and the score required.
Register for the IELTS test
In order to register for an IELTS test in Lithuania, you should:
- Go to IELTS registration website
- Enter your personal data (please note that diacritics č, ž, š, ė and other are not acceptable).
- Please be informed that your scanned identity document is a part of the online registration process.Therefore make sure you have your scanned identity document ready to upload during the application process.
- If you do not have prepared document to be uploaded, please send us the scanned documentation within 5 days after completing registration by email.
- Submit your online application. You will receive a summary email where further instructions will be given.
- Make the payment of 595 LT as per instructions given.
The documents you should send by email are:
- 1 colour photograph, no older than 6 months. Your face should be on a light background. You should look straight ahead. Candidates must not wear glasses in the photographs they submit for IELTS registration. Please name your photograph file Surname_Name_Test_Date_photo
- A colour, clear and legible photocopy of your passport or ID card (whichever you indicated on your application form). Please name your document copy file Surname_Name_Test_Date_passport/ID_card
Please send your IELTS registration documents by one email to email@example.com
In the email message subject line you should state your Surname, Name and Test date.
You will receive the final confirmation email only when we have received your documentation by email and check your payment in our system within the 5 day deadline. Otherwise we regret that we will have to cancel your registration and you will have to start the procedure again for the different test date.
We can accept applications after the registration deadline (5 weeks before the test date) only if we still have places available. If the test date is full it will not be visible. Once your application has been submitted, you cannot go back to change your details. In this case you should contact us to change the details.
You will receive the exact address of your test venue and further test day information by e-mail approximately 1 – 2 weeks before your test date.
As an added measure to enhance IELTS test security, all participants is required to have their photograph taken by IELTS administrative staff on their test day. Please make sure that you review the instructions supplied to you after you have booked your test.
IELTS Terms and conditions
Make sure you read and accept ‘IELTS test terms and conditions’ when you register for the test.
The terms and conditions contain important information:
- Information on cancellation/ refunds or transfers
The IELTS test has been designed to be a fair test. Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability that you may have.
We make every effort to cater for the special needs of disabled candidates. It is our aim for all candidates to be assessed fairly and objectively. If you have a special need, please talk to (+370 5 246 2958) or contact us when registering. Your request must be supported by original medical documentation not older than 2 years and with a diagnosis written in English or Lithuanian. We may need three months to organise arrangements.
Refunds / Transfers
To cancel your exam you need to fill in the Transfer/Refund Form.
- If you cancel your exam more than 5 weeks before the test, you will be refunded 500 Litas.
- If you cancel your exam within the five-week period of the test date you will receive no refund.
To transfer the date of the exam you need to fill in the Transfer/Refund Form.
- You can transfer your exam date more than 5 weeks before the test.
- Please, note that you will be able to transfer only once.
If you are absent on the day of the exam without prior notice you will get no refund.
If you provide the original of a medical certificate proving that your absence has been affected by serious illness or other serious cause within 5 working days of the exam you will be refunded 500 Litas of the exam fee.
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment.